Candle Jar Recycle Program:
As a way to show our love for the planet and those that live on it, we are glad and proud to introducing a candle jar recycling program!
For every 8 empty, cleaned jars with lids that you return – you will receive one small (8oz) candle!
All 8 jars & lids must be cleaned before you send them in (please see cleaning instructions below)
To clean your jars:
- When the candle has about a half inch of wax left in the bottom, place the entire jar into the freezer for a few hours. Scrape out the hard wax with a spoon, fork, butter knife – whatever you feel most comfortable using
- Boil some water and add it to the jar (about an inch of hot water) to loosen all remaining wax and the wick sticker from the bottom of the jar
- Continue to scrape the wax out of the jar . You should be able to release the wick sticker as well – now that the hot water is in there.
- Any remaining hot water in the jar: toss OUTSIDE or in a jar. DO NOT put this down your sink. Wax could harden, clogging your pipes.
- NEVER add the jars to a microwave, as the wick bottom is metal.
- Once the jar is clean of wax, simply wash in the sink or in a dishwasher and it’s ready to be returned!
This offer is valid in person markets only (see below for more information)
- If you order online and would like to drop off your jars in Brampton or Shelburne, Ontario, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange exchange of your jars/lids for a small (8oz) candle.
Want to keep your jars? No Problem! Here are a few ideas
Star off by using the cleaning instructions above
Some ideas for resuse:
- Vase for fresh flowers
- Store your trinkets
- Use as measuring cup
- Make into a soap dispenser (by adding a spout)
- Add some fairy lights to it and make it a mini outdoor lantern (or as home décor)
- Plant a herb garden
- Use as a tea light holder!